Bplus.at-Forum

Bplus.at :: View topic - Bit Boy!!

Bit Boy!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Reply to topic    Bplus.at Forum Index -> Bit Boy!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at

PostPosted: 01.06.2009 16:05    Post subject: Bit Boy!! Reply with quote

Bit Boy!! is a totally new kind of game mix in which one-pixel-hero Kubi rushes through the whole history of videogames in order to save his pixel pals.
Players accompany Kubi in this totally crazy-pixellated retro journey and battle hordes of nasty monsters in

4-bit dungeons,
8-bit caves,
16-bit strongholds,
32-bit mazes,
64-bit arenas and
128-bit worlds.

Bernd Geiblinger, Art Director of Bplus, says:
"Everyone knows that Bplus really is a crazy company. We lifted up a gearwheel to the top of evolution and let it fight against evil Plättchen 6 billion years in the future. We transformed a boy into a ball, only to let him become a rock to stand up against metal crabs and flying trees.
With Bit Boy!!, we created a fantastic new arcade adventure that is delivered together with all its never-before-seen prequels from the different videogame eras. From ages 14 to 40, each Bit Generation will spark true retro feelings in all players when they set off in the ultimate pursuit of fruits and highscores."

Players can grab a pal for even more fun in the cooperative mode.
The Wii Remote is your joystick – the arcade adventure begins.

Official Website:
http://BitBoy.Bplus.at

Trailer Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae0_C3Cjwy0

Very First Video-Review by DEMON212:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbsO4A43qVA

Wiiloveit.com Review: 23/30 - VERY GOOD
The Wiiloveit review of Bit Boy!!

Behind the hype Review: 9/10
http://www.behindthehype.com/video-game-reviews/bit-boy-the-best-game-and-value-on-wiiware/

Last edited by Bernd on 15.07.2009 10:49; edited 7 times in total
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at

PostPosted: 01.06.2009 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want more? Visit Wiiloveit.com to find an exclusive coverage, tons of info, the Story about Kubi's Adventure, a complete image gallery and more:

http://www.wiiloveit.com/Home/news/news-bites/june-2009-1/bit-boy---exclusive-details

Don't miss it! We are looking forward to all your feedback and hope you will like our new funny piece of software!
=D lachendes Kirby

Last edited by Bernd on 01.06.2009 23:29; edited 1 time in total
ÆNIGMA

PostPosted: 01.06.2009 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks awesome!!! Can't wait for it's release.

BitBoyKubi
Wiiloveit.com

PostPosted: 01.06.2009 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what's better: the game, or the amazing feature you mentioned in your second post? Hmmmmm......
DEMON212

PostPosted: 09.06.2009 01:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I've been unable to access this place for a while, you've dropped the forums part.

Worried it had shut down :)

Anyway... Yeah, really am looking forward to this, it looks and sounds amazing and I can't wait to see the gameplay differences between all of the modes.

So far I'm thinking the 64 bit modes looks the best and then the other 3D ones, simply because it's hard to tell what the gameplay is going to be like with the 2D ones, whereas in 3D I imagine you move liked a cube.
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at

PostPosted: 09.06.2009 01:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not exactly right, DEMON212 ;-)

In 2D, Kubi is floating around - while he looks to the screen/player. In the 16-BIT Era Kubi uses the Mode-7-Zoom Effekt to Jump (zooms bigger).

In 3D, Kubi looks forward but also jumps around. If Kubi would 'roll' around he flaps his face on the ground *ouch* BitBoyKubi
So Kubi is just jumping around.

Gameplay mostly differs because of the different graphic styles. The level-parts are very different so there are differences on how the labyrinths are built. Every Era has its very own feeling. In the 4-BIT era, Kubi is also not able to attack monsters while in 128-BIT there are some more Monsters (more power means more monsters) and Kubi is also able to jump (higher) onto wood by moving the Wii Remote upwards quickly. So Kubi is able to hide himself in a special way not possible in earlier BIT-Generations.

There are also special (hidden) tactics to get even a higher score - to find out the possibilities you have to play the game again and again - like the oldschool-highscore-games. And do not forget to get the fruit - vitamins and high score
Niki looks
By the way, do not forget to answer the BIT-GENERATION-POLL in the other thread ;-) zwinkerndes Kirby
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at

PostPosted: 11.06.2009 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to present you the first Trailer Video of Bit Boy!!

Trailer Video:

I hope you enjoy it!
Amadeus

PostPosted: 11.06.2009 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

That game looks great. I will be looking forward to it coming out.
Botsu

PostPosted: 11.06.2009 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was just... WOW.... I WANT THAT!
NikeXTC

PostPosted: 11.06.2009 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game looks promising, I was waiting for a video that showed some gameplay mechanics and the Trailer just released showed that.

I guess I'll follow the forums to stay up-to-date with game's development ;) zwinkerndes Kirby
Amadeus

PostPosted: 12.06.2009 09:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing which I would have to complain about this game is the lack of a "vector" generation, with artwork done in the style of vector based arcade games of the early 80s, as well as the ill-fated Vectrex console. But I know this is of generations of console games, not arcade games, plus you cannot have everything.. fröhliches Drop-Kirby
ÆNIGMA

PostPosted: 12.06.2009 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game looks freakin' sweet! Definite day one purchase for me. Any news on when it may be released (even a rough estimate)?
DEMON212

PostPosted: 13.06.2009 02:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiiBoy wrote:
I am happy to present you the first Trailer Video of Bit Boy!!

Trailer Video:

I hope you enjoy it!

WOW!

Yeah, that looks amazing.

Still really looking forward to the 64 bit though more than the others, lol. But that might be due to Majora and SSB hitting the VC recentally, lol.

But yeah, I really can't wait for that, truly looks amazing :) lächelndes Kirby
KaiserGX

PostPosted: 14.06.2009 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 1000 points reserved for this puppy. So is the objective of each level to collect all the fruit? Also how many levels can we expect?
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at

PostPosted: 14.06.2009 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it is great to see that you all like the game that much! =) fröhliches Kirby Thank you =)

I will try to answer all of your questions as good as I can:

YOU WANT IT - so, that is good, because we hope that the game will be out within the next 5 weeks. Let's hope Nintendo can make that possible!

@Amadeus - vector generation - ARE 6 GENERATIONS NOT ENOUGH FOR A COMPLETELY NEW AND UNIQUE WiiWARE TITLE? 8-O geschocktes Kirby fröhliches Drop-Kirby ;) zwinkerndes Kirby So - wait for Vektor Tank - hopefully there will be enough vectors for your taste
=) fröhliches Kirby
@KaiserGX - 1000 WiiPoints? You are right - creating 6 different games is a lot of work and sooo many graphics had to be created for just one single WiiWare-Title - but we want to check out if the concept can stand the market so the price will be lower than 1000 WiiPoints. It is in Nintedo's hand now - so we cannot say anything about the exact amount.

You have to rescue all of Kubi's friends in each Level who try to hide from the evil monsters - but for a great score you should collect all of the fruits (and destroy as many monsters as possible) which is really difficult because they appear one by one after a few seconds so you have to be quick and stay long enough alive in the level to get all the fruit! So far the CLASSIC-MODE - in the WARP MODE you can stay forever if you are good enough and collect all those Time Diamonds - but it is more difficult as it may sound - because every few seconds an additional monster comes in right from the station.
KaiserGX

PostPosted: 15.06.2009 00:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just have 1000 reserved just in case. Will the music change throughout each generation as well?

Agh I don't think I could wait more than 5 weeks! irres Kirby (Oh cool Kirby smilies) I hope to see a new gameplay video soon to ease my pain. :') vor Freude weinendes Kirby
Amadeus

PostPosted: 15.06.2009 06:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just saying... fröhliches Drop-Kirby
Wiiloveit.com

PostPosted: 15.06.2009 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be fair to say that this is like a crossover of Atari's classic Crystal Castles and the infamous Pac Man, WiiBoy, but with the find-your-friends thing added in as well?
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at

PostPosted: 15.06.2009 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure does the music change - but what you mean I think is, if they will fit to the generation. Not at all - we really love the 'GameBoy-Beepy'-Music so while the style of music changes - the only instrument used is a Beep
=) fröhliches Kirby
As you see on those Atari Games there is no BGM - so the 4-Bit-Generation has no music too!
=) fröhliches Kirby
You know - in both games you mentioned, you have to walk to every possible place in a level to get many points. But that is one of the big differences between Pacman and Bit Boy!! because you only need to rescue Kubi's friends. Sure you can also get all those fruits by time for your score - but it is more important to find the right tactics 'against' the monsters. You also can fight the monsters with a limited count of attacks (in later generations) which changes the feeling completely.
BitBoyKubi
Maybe it sounds like Bit Boy!! will be much easier - but believe me - there are some levels in it where you just cry for a CONTINUE =D lachendes Kirby
Botsu

PostPosted: 15.06.2009 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait does this mean it'll be played arcade style with no saving whatsoever except for scores?
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at

PostPosted: 16.06.2009 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoNoNo - What I meant was - You will cry for a CONTINUE - and you will get one, this time! It is not that NikiRock-Hard this time! Spikey
You played PLÄTTCHEN - twist 'n' paint and also Niki - Rock 'n' Ball - so Bit Boy!! - for a hardcore Bplus-Fan it will be an easy walkthrough ;-) zwinkerndes Kirby but for all the other guys it will be much more difficult!
BitBoyKubi
Botsu

PostPosted: 16.06.2009 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, so it'll be a bit easier then? I guess you're going to emphasize high scores even more then. So is the next PLÄTTCHEN hard project coming soon in development after Vektor Tank and Bit Boy!! or is it later down the road? Haha.
DEMON212

PostPosted: 18.06.2009 04:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiiBoy wrote:
NoNoNo - What I meant was - You will cry for a CONTINUE - and you will get one, this time! It is not that NikiRock-Hard this time! Spikey
You played PLÄTTCHEN - twist 'n' paint and also Niki - Rock 'n' Ball - so Bit Boy!! - for a hardcore Bplus-Fan it will be an easy walkthrough ;-) zwinkerndes Kirby but for all the other guys it will be much more difficult!
BitBoyKubi

First bit of bad news for me.

Because I find challenge a part of the fun and something that makes games memorable. Because I'm currently replaying some of my old favourites and as soon as I enter a location I know is ROCK hard, I'll have flashbacks immediately.

But as long as the game is fun, replayable and got a good multiplayer, then I'll be fine, because just look at Bubble Bobble. I personally find that game to be VERY easy yet I must've beaten it with my brothers close to 100 times :D

Oh, and I've been plugging the video footage for ya :D lachendes Kirby
Wiiloveit.com

PostPosted: 19.06.2009 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear that the difficulty has been toned down this time with continues, although would I be right to assume that the levels aren't toned down as much, and that it's primarily the continues that make it easier? If so, hardcore fans shouldn't be too worried, right?
Blue Protoman

PostPosted: 19.06.2009 16:24    Post subject: Bit Boy: DO WANT Reply with quote

Hi there! After seeing announcements of not one, but TWO retro-styled games (and I guess N:R&B could be considered retro-style as well), I decided to give my fan support to Bplus and sign up for the board.

You guys have officially earned my respect. Let's hope you can keep it when Bit Boy and Vektor Tank come out. ;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Bit Boy. I love retro and neo-retro games. This, along with Retro Game Challenge or Megaman 9, is exactly my kind of game. Buying this first day. It's WiiWare, so I won't need to dig too deep into my pockets.

As long as the game's not too short, I'll be happy.
Bernd
Game Designer
bitboy.Bplus.at

PostPosted: 19.06.2009 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to have some more users here now! =)

Yes, I also see Niki - Rock 'n' Ball as a retro game - because Bubble Bobble, Mario Bros. and Snow Bros. are the origin concepts Niki RnB is inspired by!

More information on Bit Boy!! can also be found in the special on: http://www.Wiiloveit.com

As well as in the new interview on:
http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/news/2009/06/interviews_bit_boy_bplus

If you are into High Scores - Bit Boy!! is the perfect game for you - because finding the best tactics to reach the highest possible score is not easy - and getting all the fruit and defeating as many monsters as possible is not as easy as it may sound.
Blue Protoman

PostPosted: 19.06.2009 17:07    Post subject: High scores? Reply with quote

I prefer fun over scores. I consider high scores to be a nice bonus. Unless score unlocks stuff, in which case I wanna grab as much fruit as possible.
KaiserGX

PostPosted: 19.06.2009 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting higher scores IS fun!
Blue Protoman

PostPosted: 19.06.2009 18:23    Post subject: Hm... Reply with quote

I guess. It's still not at the top of my list. (Granted, it's close.)
   Reply to topic    Bplus.at Forum Index -> Bit Boy!! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: